domingo, 6 de marzo de 2016

Fixing w8


I have an HP laptop with windows 8 installed

I wanted to install Fedora23 in order to dualboot. To do so, I followed the official guide here.
I used usb live creator (for w8) in order to boot the live image from an USB.

However, once started from the  Device Boot  Menu, it wouldn-t recognize the disk. I read somewhere I needed to change the UEFI/BIOS settings, so I did: Disabled UEFI and enabled Legacy Mode. Then the USB with the live image was recognized. I proceeded to install Fedora from here.

However, once I did, Windows 8 wouldnt start anymore. I had the following error
<insertar screenshot>
bcd
0xc0000225
The booy configuration data for your pc is missing or containing errors
Only afterwards did i found this: Fedora on Uefi . 
And the Fedora 22 multiboot guide

Before that I tried the following methods that involve reparing Windows boot files from a command prompt enabled by the recovery disk



Now I-m trying to install Fedora 23 on UEFI mode. In order to do so, im using liveusb from the linux terminal. hope it will workout




algunos enlaces de interes
 ask.fedoraproject.org


comando de interes
mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/win2 -r


terminos por aprender
BCD
UEFI   vs BIOS


http://www.kapilarya.com/your-pc-needs-to-be-repaired-0xc0000225


los docs de fedora
    https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/23/html/Installation_Guide/chap-downloading-fedora.html

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario